Last updated September 12, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration Information We collect your name, work email address, contact phone number and details of your organisation
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. By providing us with your information you consent to be part to be part of our newsletters emailing lists and regular marketing campaigns. In the event that you manually subscribe to the newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Job applications. When you apply to a job on Flipped, whether to work with Flipped or our “Employers” (client organisations) who use Flipped for their hiring automation, we will collect every piece of relevant information you choose to provide on your resume. We will also collect your personal data from you directly and potentially from other sources. Listed below are the categories of personal information that Flipped may process about candidates:
- Identifiers, including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifiers, email, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers. In this context, a “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize an candidate, or a device that is linked to an candidate, over time and across different services, including, but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or similar technology; unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including the following: race, skin color, national origin, religion (includes religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/ or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (such as genetic characteristics, cancer or a record or history of cancer), disability (such as mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, or cancer), military or veteran status, request for family care leave, request for leave for an candidate’s own serious health condition, request for pregnancy disability leave, and age.
- Professional or employment-related Information, including job related data, maintained as part of the employment relationship that is present in: a job application or resume; an employment contract; a contractor agreement; a performance review; a disciplinary record; photos; biometric data, including imagery of your fingerprint, face, and voice recordings; information from candidate expenses; payroll and benefits related data; internal and external contact information; or information captured from video, audio, systems, or other forms of monitoring or surveillance.
- Education information, including information about a candidate's educational background, such as education records, report cards, and transcripts that are not publicly available.
- Inferences, including any information drawn from any of the personal information categories referenced above to create a profile about a candidate reflecting the candidate’s characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Feedback, including information about your performance or conduct from references, other Flipped candidates, clients or service providers, or former Employers you work with and/or with whom you may have worked in the past who may provide feedback about you and information about you from Flipped candidates who interview you and who may provide feedback about you.
- Publicly available information from repositories (e.g. github), websites or social media, including information that you choose to voluntarily submit to Flipped in connection with your application (e.g. when applying through LinkedIn).
- Financial data such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, withholdings, salary, bonus, benefits, expenses, and company allowances.
- Health data, such as information about short- or long-term disabilities or illnesses that you might share with your HRBP or manager, particularly in relation to any leave of absence you may need to take.
Chat Windows.Chat Windows. When you use our chat windows (for e.g. Flipped Quest for Employers), we will collect and store all information you type into the chat windows. We also utilise third party APIs (e.g. OpenAI and other AI tools) ) and might use your information to provide the necessary automation services to you.
B. Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address. We also receive your precise location information when you grant us your permission, for example, if you want to use precise location information to develop or enable a tool or function that requires precise location information.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the queries you issue to the system, the Agents you develop, the content you upload, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you may modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
D. Talent Search.
Flipped.ai collects candidate's resume data, which can either be made searchable or kept non-searchable. Searchable resumes encompass work history, education, certifications, licenses, patents, and more, potentially revealing candidate interest in similar job listings. Flipped.ai processes and stores this searchable resume data, making it available to third parties. The primary purpose of this data processing is to facilitate employers in inviting candidates to apply for job openings.
The legal basis for data processing includes contract performance, as it's integral to aiding candidates in finding jobs. Additionally, Flipped.ai relies on its legitimate interest for analytical purposes, delivering a valuable service to employers. Candidates retain control over their resume's visibility, with the ability to adjust settings at any time via their account.
Upon using Flipped.ai to create a searchable resume or upload a file resume, candidates grant Flipped.ai permission to share their resume data with third parties, aligning with the platform's General Terms of Service. By default, profiles and searchable resumes are accessible to third parties, including employers, unless otherwise specified. Notably, employers accessing searchable resumes may share them further, and if candidates share their searchable resume via a personalized link, Flipped.ai cannot control who views it.
Candidates maintain the option to configure their resume's privacy settings, choosing to make it non-searchable if they don't want Flipped.ai to share their resume data with third parties without explicit consent or to prevent employer contact. Data is retained until candidates remove their resume or close their account.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We limit our use of your personal data. Flipped aims to only collect and use your personal data for specific, necessary reasons and aim to explain our use of your personal data.Based on Flipped’s legitimate interest, Flipped may use information for the following purposes:
- create and manage the recruitment system, job applications and a database of interested individuals and leads
- assess and evaluate your skills, qualifications and interests against the position applied for and/or other positions within Flipped or its employers who use the platform for their hiring
- communicate with you in relation to your expressed interest in Flipped, job opportunities/ leads, application or the recruitment process
- verify your information, including through reference checks and, where applicable, background checks
- send you information about the new hire and employee experience at Flipped prior to your first day
- with your consent, send you information about positions within Flipped which may be of interest to you
- operate, evaluate and improve the recruitment system, our application tracking and recruitment activities (this includes analyzing our job applicant base, our hiring practices or trends, identifying qualifications or skills shortages, and using information to match candidates and potential opportunities)
- detect, prevent and respond to fraud or potentially illegal activities (such as intellectual property infringement), misuse of the recruitment system or other applicable policies
- perform audits, assessments, maintenance and testing or troubleshooting activities related to the recruitment system and our recruitment processes
- comply with legal obligations to which Flipped is subject to and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- respond to your enquiries and requests Flipped must have a legal basis to process your personal data. In most cases the legal basis will be one or more of the following:
- to comply with our contractual obligations to you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you
- to comply with our legal obligations
- with your consent
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to conduct our recruitment processes efficiently and fairly or to manage applicants effectively. When Flipped process personal data to meet our legitimate interests, Flipped put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy or other fundamentals rights and freedoms are not overridden by our legitimate interest to comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of your right to work status to enable Flipped to meet relevant obligations.
For purposes of administering an employment contract between you and Flipped and Flipped’s legitimate interest, Flipped may use your information for the following purposes:
- Determining eligibility for hiring, including the verification of references, qualifications, and criminal records checks data (for certain vetting purposes, where permissible and in accordance with applicable law);
- Administering payroll and benefits, processing Flippedee work-related claims (e.g., worker compensation, insurance claims, etc.), and processing leave of absence requests;
- Establishing training and/or development requirements;
- Reviewing work performance and determining performance requirements;
- Enforcing disciplinary actions or termination;
- Establishing emergency contacts and responding to emergencies;
- Complying with applicable laws (e.g., labor and employment, health and safety, tax, and anti-discrimination laws), judicial requests from courts of competent jurisdiction, or exercising or defending legal rights;
- Compiling internal directories, such as employee directories;
- Preventing and detecting fraud or other types of wrongdoing;
- Evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Flipped is among the assets transferred;
- Implementing and administering IT systems and information security, including authentication and authorization to access Flipped’s IT systems and networks;
- Fulfilling the purpose for which you provide it;
- For other lawful or legitimate purposes, which may be reasonably required for day-to-day operations, such as accounting, financial reporting, and business planning;
- Validating business transactions;
- Protecting confidential information, intellectual property, and other business interests;
- Investigating breaches of Flipped’s policies and procedures, or other unlawful or improper acts;
- Complying with legal obligations; or
- Any other legitimate purpose permitted by applicable law.
When Flipped is required by local law to collect certain personal data about you, your failure to provide this data may prevent or delay the fulfilment of our legal obligations and may impact our ability to Flipped you. If Flipped ask for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Flipped using the details at the end of this privacy statement.
We may also use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use for purposes such as to publish reports;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud and abuse, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected
AUTOMATED DECISIONS ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal information using solely automated means to make decisions about your candidacy. This is known as “automated decision-making” and is only permitted when Flipped has a legal basis for this type of decision-making. This may have significant effects for you, namely that you may be rejected for the role you applied for without a recruiter ever reviewing your application. Your application may be automatically rejected if you do not meet minimum job requirements, or if an open role is filled while you are in the first or review stage of the recruitment process, your application may not be considered. Our recruiters can reactivate candidates that have been rejected at a later date, if necessary. Flipped may make these automated decisions about you:
- Where such decisions are necessary for entering into a contract.
- Where such decisions are required or authorized by law.
- Where you give your explicit consent to Flipped carrying out automated decision-making. Subject to local legal requirements and limitations, you can contact Flipped using the details below to request further information about automated decision-making, object to our use of automated decision-making, or request an automated decision to be reviewed by a human being.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may disclose any information we receive to vendors and service providers in connection with the provision of our Services, including the third party AI providers that power Flipped.ai.
Social Networks and Other Online Services. Our Services allow you to, upon your direction, disclose information to social networking services, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting here. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Public Information. Certain information may always be publicly available to others, and other information is made publicly available to others by default.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
Third Party Integrations. You can disable any third-party services from our Services through your user dashboard (for e.g ATS, Job boards). If you choose to disable a third-party service, we will delete all information we collected about you from that third party service.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
Security is an integral part of our business model and Flipped puts significant resources into making sure your data is protected. This involves technical measures (such as implementing security software) and organizational measures (such as only allowing staff to access your data if there is a business need to do so). These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal data. Flipped evaluates these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing. Flipped will keep your personal data until the position you are applying for has been filled, after which Flipped will retain your personal data for a period of time that enables Flipped to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements as required by local law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Ensure fraud detection and prevention.
- Respond to any queries or complaints you may have.
- With your consent, suggest roles that may be of interest to you. Flipped will delete your personal data when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any personal data that Flipped is unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, Flipped will ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent any further processing or use of the personal data.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may also transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information
You can update your account and profile information or close your account through your profile settings.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: September 12, 2023
@ 2023-2030 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED